Monday, 2 March 2015

A Rocky Road to Heaven

I don't know about you, but I think lots of things taste better than skinny feels. And one of these things is Rocky Road. They are just SO GOOD. The contrasting textures of crunchy and chewy, hard and soft, result in a mouthful of pure joy. As I gave up pretty much everything that's tasty in the world for lent, except chocolate and biscuits, I thought I'd make these to satisfy my cravings for delicious food.


Here's the recipe:

125g unsalted butter
150g melted dark chocolate
150g melted milk chocolate
3tblsp honey
Approx 100g digestives
Loads of mini marshmallows


Practically a Sainsbury's Basics advert... Yay, student life!

Step 1) Break the chocolate into little bits in a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of boiling water. Stir every now and then to ensure it's smooth


Step 2) When it's (nearly) all melted, add in the butter and allow that to melt too. When that's all melted together, add the honey and stir.


Step 3) Smash the biscuits! I put mine in a freezer bag then bashed them about a bit until they crumbled.


Step 4) If, like me, you couldn't find mini marshmallows, cut them with scissors (clean them before and after! Who knows what they've been used for...) 



Step 5) Mix it all in!



Step 6) Line a baking tray with grease-proof paper, and pour the mixture in. If you're greedy (like me) you can put it in the freezer, which takes about 45 minutes. Otherwise put in the fridge for about 2 hours.


Step 7) Cut and devour! These can be left in the fridge for a few days... If they last that long...


I made these on Thursday, and when I got back from uni on Friday there were only 4 pieces left (the above picture is only maybe 1/3 of what I made...) so I took them and ran. They're still being talked about today, and Molly even had a dream about Rocky Roads!! Success!!

M x

No comments:

Post a Comment