Tuesday, 3 February 2015

Oh so tasty flapjacks

Yesterday I came home to Windsor to get my wisdom tooth removed. So of course I took the opportunity to meet up with my partner in crime and co-baking-sensation, Tain. Usually we stick to making cookies or brownies, so to trick ourselves into thinking we were being healthy we decided to make flapjacks.

The finished product... (YUM)

This recipe is so easy to make, and absolutely delicious. It also feels less unhealthy to gorge on these than usual flapjacks as coconut oil, honey and peanut butter are used in the place of copious amounts of butter and sugar.

Due to my lack of eating ability I left the lot to Tain (after having a little taste) but I will 100% be making these back in Manchester when my face is healed. I always forget to take pictures during baking, and I also forgot to take any after, but luckily Tain got a good snap!

M x

The recipe:
125g honey
75g cup peanut butter (either smooth or with bits)
67g cup brown sugar
5 table spoons coconut oil
230g oats
as much chocolate as you want to smother them with

Heat the oven to 150 degrees. Pour the honey, sugar, peanut butter and coconut oil in a pan and heat till they're all melted and mixed together (be careful not to let it boil!). Then stir in the oats until they are all coated in the delicious mixture. The mixture is now ready to put in a baking tray and bake! Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on how gooey you want them, then them out and leave them to cool. Melt the chocolate and pour liberally on top. Leave the flapjacks and chocolate to cool/solidify for a while (if you're impatient like us, put them in the garden for 5 minutes to let them cool quicker.) Then it's FINALLY time to enjoy them! You can thank us later.

No comments:

Post a Comment