Thursday, 15 January 2015

The start of 2015, the end of uni life.

Back in 2014 I was terrified of it becoming 2015. This year is the year that I will be graduating from the University of Manchester and entering 'the real world'. I'm not scared of growing up or leaving uni, I'm just terrified of wasting my last few months here sitting around and not actually appreciating everything this beautiful city has to offer. I have realised that I have approximately 150 days left here, and I plan on making the most of them.

In the last few days I've suffered what some might call an 'early-life crisis'. I don't believe I made the most of my first and second years here. I spent too much time sleeping (I blame the narcolepsy) or sitting around eating ice-cream (still a hobby) and not enough time exploring the city and living the typical Manchester student lifestyle!

Not an uncommon sight to those who know me...

Funnily enough it was actually on my year abroad in Grenoble, last year, that I truly began to appreciate all that Manchester has to offer. I've loved the city since the moment I arrived, but I really did not appreciate how amazing it is to live here. I am going to document may last 150(ish) days here with things that make me happy, whether they're relatively mundane or super exciting, and I am going to try and explore this wonderful haven as much as possible while I still have the opportunity.

M x


No comments:

Post a Comment